Man charged over terrorist attack at Manchester synagogue
The charge relates directly to the attack at Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue in October last year
A man has been charged in connection with the terrorist attack at a Manchester synagogue in which two men died.
Hekmat Omar Ali Hakim, 49, of St James Road in Higher Broughton, has been charged with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity, under Section 38b of the Terrorism Act 2000.
Counter Terrorism Policing North West said the charge relates directly to the attack at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue on the morning of Thursday 2nd October 2025.
Melvin Cravitz and Adrian Daulby died in the attack, while three other men were treated in hospital for serious injuries. All three have since been released.
Hakim, an Iraqi national, has been remanded to appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday 21st August 2026.
'A significant development'
Assistant Chief Constable Rob Potts, who holds operational responsibility for Counter Terrorism Policing North West, said: "I can confirm that, earlier today, officers from Counter Terrorism Policing North West charged a man with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity. This charge is directly related to the terrorist attack which took place at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue last October.
"This is a significant development in our investigation, and my thoughts are with all those affected by the attack, particularly the bereaved loved ones and survivors. We have updated them and continue to offer them as much support as possible.
"Since the attack took place, we have been unwavering in our commitment to establishing the full picture behind the incident and identifying anybody who may have been involved in any way.
"The charge that has been authorised is the culmination of a substantial amount of meticulous work by the investigation team, supported by the Crown Prosecution Service, and I hope this update reaffirms that commitment."