Three face trial over alleged firebomb attempt at Persian media office

They're set to go on trial in January.

police officers were told that an “ignited container” had been thrown towards a site in Wembley (library image)
Author: Aileen O'SullivanPublished 15th May 2026

Two men and a teenage boy are facing trial in January over an alleged attempt to firebomb the UK office of a Persian media company.

Oisin McGuinness, 21, Nathan Dunn, 19, and a 16-year-old boy are charged with arson with intent to endanger life on April 15.

McGuinness is also charged with dangerous driving in north-west London on the same date.

The defendants appeared at the Old Bailey on Friday for a preliminary hearing before Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.

The senior judge set a provisional three-week trial at the Old Bailey from January 25 2027 before Judge Mark Lucraft KC and a plea hearing on August 28.

At about 8.30pm on April 15, police officers were told that an “ignited container” had been thrown towards a site in Wembley, north-west London, landing in a car park where the fire immediately went out.

The offices of Volant Media, the parent company of Persian news channel Iran International, were allegedly targeted.

There were no injuries and the suspects left the area in a black four-wheel-drive vehicle, police have said.

A number of nearby buildings were evacuated as a precaution but police assessed there was no wider risk.

The three defendants, who are British nationals, appeared in court by video-link and spoke only to confirm their identities.

McGuinness and Dunn, of Watford, Hertfordshire, were remanded into custody, and the youth, who cannot be identified, was remanded into local authority care.

First for all the latest news from across the UK every hour on Hits Radio on DAB, at hitsradio.co.uk and on the Rayo app.