15 year old boy charged and man taken to hospital after assault in Kensington McDonald's
Detectives say they still need witnesses to come forward despite the charges
Two people have been charged following an assault outside a McDonald's in Kensington that left a man in his 20s needing hospital treatment.
Merseyside Police said officers were called to the restaurant at around 9.15pm on Sunday 16th August after reports that a man had been assaulted, sustaining injuries to his head and body.
He was taken to hospital for assessment.
Valeri Aleksiev, 30, of Windsor Road in Tuebrook, has been charged with Section 18 wounding with intent, police said.
A 15-year-old boy from Liverpool has been charged with attempted Section 18 wounding and possessing an offensive weapon, a baseball bat, in a public place, according to Merseyside Police.
Despite the charges, Merseyside Police said they are continuing to appeal for information and believe a number of people in the area at the time have not yet come forward.
Detective Inspector Jemma Berry said: "This will have been a concerning incident to witness, and the victim sustained extensive injuries.
"We think there will have been a lot of people in the vicinity who witnessed what happened, and have yet to come forward. Please do so and we will assess all information provided.
"Although two people have been charged, your account, CCTV, dashcam or doorbell footage could prove vital in piecing together the circumstances. Please refrain from posting information on social media and come to us directly."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Merseyside Police's social media desk on X or Facebook via @MerPolCC.
Reports can also be made through the force's website, or by calling 101 and quoting incident reference 26000485380.
Information can also be passed on anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or through their website.