Adam Murray departs from role as Kidderminster Harriers manager

The news comes days after the club sealed promotion back to the National League following a win in Saturday's National League North play-off final

Author: Elliot BurrowPublished 12th May 2026
Last updated 12th May 2026

Kidderminster Harriers have announced manager Adam Murray has left his position after just one season in charge.

Murray has this evening (12 May) been confirmed as the new Barrow AFC first team manager, signing a contract which runs through to 2028.

It comes only days after Harriers beat South Shields 2-0 in Saturday's National League North play-off final to seal promotion back to the National League, a league they were relegated from at the end of the 2023/24 season.

Both clubs are set to face each other in the upcoming National League 2026/27 season following Harriers' promotion and Barrow suffering relegation after finishing bottom of League Two.

Harriers had said earlier on the club's website Murray's departure came following an approach from another club, in which shortly after the weekend’s final, a club presently in the EFL met a release clause within Murray's contract to discuss their vacancy.

It added, the 44-year-old, who took up the role last May, had "expressed a desire" to pursue it.

In a statement through the club, Harriers chairman Richard Lane said: "Adam has been very open and honest with me since the weekend. While he was a year into a two-year contract and a project with us here, I fully respect that, given the overall financial package on offer, he feels it is an opportunity for him and his family that he cannot turn down.

“While the timing is unfortunate following such a fantastic end to the season, I am sure we all wish Adam nothing but the best for his future.

“At this time and always, our priority is on our fantastic club and its fans; our focus now is on moving quickly with a managerial appointment that will lead us into a new chapter in our history after promotion.”

In a message to the fans, he added: "Collectively, we have achieved something amazing this season and I want those memories to stay fresh in the minds of our supporters and sponsors, who backed us so incredibly, particularly in those final months of the season.

“We have every cause to celebrate, and we will move forward with nothing but positivity and excitement for our next challenge.”

First for all the latest news from across the UK every hour on Hits Radio on DAB, at hitsradio.co.uk and on the Rayo app.