Two women arrested after man in mobility scooter robbed in Swindon
Police say the investigation is ongoing
Two women have been arrested after a man in a mobility scooter was pushed to the ground during a robbery in Swindon.
A spokesperson for Wiltshire Police said: "Two women have so far been arrested in connection with the incident which happened shortly after 2.45pm on July 7, and our investigation is ongoing.
"The victim, a 66-year-old man in a mobility scooter, was travelling along the Oasis underpass/Western flyer, just off Hawksworth Way, when he was approached by two women.
"The women asked the man for money, before taking him to a nearby location and pushing him to the ground before stealing cash from him.
"Two local women, both in their 40s, have been arrested on suspicion of robbery and released under investigation while enquiries continue."
PC Joseph Tedder said: “Although we have made two arrests in connection with this incident, we are keen to progress our enquiries by speaking to members of the public who may have witnessed the incident or may have more information which could assist our investigation.
“This was a really horrible incident in which a vulnerable member of our community was targeted and subjected to a very upsetting ordeal. We are dedicated to bringing those responsible to justice.”