Third teenager arrested after suspected arson attack at Brighton primary school

The fire damaged several buildings

Author: Ryan BurrowsPublished 15th Aug 2023

Police investigating a fire at a Brighton primary school have arrested a third teenage boy on suspicion of arson.

Several classrooms were damaged, one severely, after a shed was set alight at Carden Primary School in Patcham last Monday (August 7th).

The 15-year-old has been questioned, along with two others aged 13 and 15 who were previously detained.

Sussex Police said all three have been released on conditional bail.

Carden Primary School said it was “shocked” by the fire but is already looking at fundraising and rebuilding the damaged section of building.

Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.