Kosovan solider denies raping woman in Norwich

A trial will take place next year

Norwich Crown Court
Author: Sam Russell, PAPublished 12th Nov 2025

A serving Kosovan soldier training Ukrainian soldiers in the UK has denied the rape of a woman in Norwich and is due to stand trial next year.

Bali Hoxha, of West Tofts Camp near Thetford, Norfolk, pleaded not guilty to rape and to two counts of sexual assault when he appeared before Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday.

The 28-year-old, who appeared by video-link from HMP Norwich, is due to stand trial from April 7 next year.

Norfolk Police previously said Hoxha was arrested after an incident at around 11.30pm on September 17 along a footpath between Prince of Wales Road and the Riverside retail park in Norwich.

The three counts, which Hoxha denies, concern one alleged woman victim.

Judge Katharine Moore remanded Hoxha in custody and directed that there be an Albanian interpreter available for his trial.

Jonathan Goodman, defending, said after the hearing that Hoxha is a Kosovan soldier who was training Ukrainian soldiers.

Hoxha's trial is expected to take place over five days.

Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.