Man sentenced for the murder of man in Haringey
Marvin Dickson was found at an address on Moselle Road
A man's been jailed for life for the murder of a man in Haringey in north London
The body of 40 year old Marvin Dickson was found at an address on Moselle Road in September last year - 10 days after he was last seen
Officers were called to Moselle Avenue on Friday, 20 September 2024 after neighbours reported a foul smell coming from the flat.
When police arrived, they found the property boarded up, padlocked, and in complete darkness. Detectives forced entry and following a search of the property, discovered Marvin’s body in the bathtub. It is believed he had been dead for around ten days.
Detectives found no signs of forced entry, suggesting that whoever was responsible had access to the flat and attempted to cover their tracks by padlocking the door.
A post-mortem examination revealed Marvin had suffered multiple injuries, including fractures to his head and face and several stab wounds.
Detectives reviewed hundreds of hours of CCTV, which showed Marvin with Forrest ten days before his body was found by officers. In the footage, Marvin is seen collecting a pizza — this was the last time he was seen alive.
Forensic evidence later revealed blood stains were present on a shirt found inside the address and on the pizza box, linking Forrest to the murder.
In a statement provided to the Met Police, Marvin’s family said:
“On behalf of our family, I would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone involved in this case.
“While we are grateful that justice has been delivered, and that the person responsible for Marvin’s death has been held accountable, no verdict can ever bring him back or ease the sadness we carry every day.
“Marvin will forever be loved, missed, and remembered.”
Detective Inspector Mark Johnson, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Unit, who led the investigation, said:
“Today’s sentence will hopefully bring a small amount of closure to Marvin’s family. My thoughts remain with his loved ones as justice is finally served, they have shown immense strength throughout this investigation.”
36 year old Dante Forrest was arrested on suspicion of murder and charged on Wednesday, 25 September 2024. He will serve a minimum of 22 years
Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.