Man charged as Uxbridge victim officially named
Wayne Broadhurst was fatally stabbed
Last updated 29th Oct 2025
Met detectives have charged a 22-year-old man following a triple stabbing in Uxbridge that left one man dead.
At 17:00 hrs on Monday, 27 October, the Met was called to reports that three people had been stabbed in Midhurst Gardens, Uxbridge.
Met officers attended the scene alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service, who treated three victims for stab wounds.
A 49-year-old man was treated at the scene for stab wounds. Despite the efforts of the emergency services, he died at the scene. He has now been named as Wayne Broadhurst. His family is being supported by officers.
The managing director of Greener Ealing Ltd, which provides environmental services to Ealing Council, said Mr Broadhurst was a "dedicated member of our team".
Katarina Pohancenikova said in the statement: "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Wayne's family, friends, and colleagues during this incredibly difficult time.
"This is a devastating loss. Wayne was a well-respected and dedicated member of our team who made a real contribution to the work we do and to the residents we serve.
"We ask for the privacy of Wayne's loved ones to be respected as they come to terms with this appalling news."
Safi Dawood is charged with murder, two counts of attempted murder, and possession of an offensive weapon.
Two other people—a 45-year-old man, who remains in hospital with life-changing injuries, and a 14-year-old boy, who has been discharged from hospital with neither life-changing nor life-threatening injuries—are also being supported by officers.
They were known to Safi Dawood, Wayne Broadhurst did not know Dawood.
Dawood will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, 30 October.
Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.