Morecambe FC: Owner issues fresh statement over sale of the club
Jason Whittingham says the Bond Group is working with a number of potential buyers
Last updated 11th Aug 2025
The current owner of Morecambe Football Club has issued a fresh statement regarding the sale.
Jason Whittingham from Bond Group has said:
"We continue to work with a number of potential buyers to secure the future of Morecambe Football Club, all of whom are aware of the urgency of the Club’s position and fully expect this process to complete this week".
It follows an uncertain few weeks for the Shrimps who have been suspended from the National League, with a deadline of the 20th August, to see if outstanding terms have been completed and to see if they can remain in the competition.
The Shrimps currently remain under embargo ahead of the new season, as well as being removed from the National League Cup for the forthcoming season.
Last week the Prime Minister spoke to us about the situation at Morecambe.
In today's statement Mr Whittingham says there is a mediation meeting set up for this Wednesday with Panjab Warriors who are wanting to buy the club.
He also states an Interim Board will be appointed imminently to facilitate the final stages of the sale process.
Panjab Warriors have previously issued a statement to say the 'time has come to complete the sale that has already been agreed'.