Marvel film given permission to be shot in Windsor Great Park

Permission has been granted for a temporary film set for six months

Author: Local Democracy Reporter- Nick ClarkPublished 13th May 2025

Marvel has been given the go-ahead to film in Windsor Great Park after councillors voted to grant planning permission to a temporary set.

Marvel production company For All Time applied for planning permission for a temporary film set for a period of six months at Duke’s Lane Park.

Councillors at the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead voted to grant it planning permission, with one branding the proposal a ‘marvellous application in more ways than one’.

According to plans, filming is scheduled to take place for four days this summer.

However the company says it needs planning permission for six months so that it has time to build and take down the set – which features a 1960s bungalow named the Luke Cage House – a reference to a Marvel superhero.

Plans also appear to show the set will include a spaceship.

Entertainment news websites have speculated that For All Time, which was registered as a company in the UK by Marvel in 2023, was set up to film Avengers: Doomsday.

They say the name ‘For All Time’ is a phrase associated with Marvel character Loki, who is due to appear in the film.

Entertainment news website Screendaily also reports that Doomsday, the fifth instalment in the Avengers series, began filming in March this year in London.

Nick Day from the Crown Estate, which owns Windsor Great Park, said he had been told the film is ‘one of the largest – if not the largest – single production filming in the UK this year’.

He called on councillors to approve the plans so that the borough could ‘play a small role in helping to support this important creative industry.’

Louise Reid, the council’s deputy head of planning, also recommended that councillors vote to approve the plans.

She said the film set is ‘likely economic benefits to the local economy through ancillary expenditure, utilisation of services and industries in the local area’.

Her presentation to councillors said supporting the application would boost the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s position in the ‘west London cluster’ of film industry locations.

The presentation said: “The further support of filming locations within the west London cluster will continue to promote the region, and the borough, as a place for future development to come which promotes further economic growth.”

The council’s tree officer, ecology team and the Woodland Trust had all objected to earlier versions of the plans.

But council planning officers said newly amended plans ensured sets would be built outside the buffer zones that protect ancient and veteran trees.

Councillors voted to approve the plans unanimously at a meeting of the Windsor and Ascot development management committee on Wednesday, May 7.

Councillor Evan Davis said: “It seems like a marvellous application in more ways than one.

“We should be promoting business including the west London cluster.”

Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.