Teenager jailed for three years over knife incident at Bedfordshire school

Two people were injured after the student brought the knife to their school in Caddington

Author: Ellie Ng, PA, Alex CornsPublished 19th Sep 2025
Last updated 19th Sep 2025

A teenager has been detained for three years after an incident involving a knife at a school where two people were injured.

A 16-year-old was arrested by officers who were called to reports of a student in possession of a knife at a secondary school in Caddington, Bedfordshire, on May 2.

A student and a member of staff were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty earlier this year to causing grievous bodily harm without intent, false imprisonment and threatening a person with a bladed article on school premises.

He was sentenced at Luton Crown Court on Friday to three years' custody, according to court administrators.

In June, after the defendant admitted the charges, Bedfordshire Police said there was "absolutely no justification" for knife possession.

Detective Inspector Kim Caddy said: "There is absolutely no justification for carrying a knife, let alone threatening or causing harm to others.

"Incidents like this have a significant impact - not only on those involved but also the wider community - and we will always do everything we can to ensure those responsible face the consequences."

Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.